Verse of the Day {KJV}

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mexico to Panama...


My food never {well rarely} looks like the photos in the recipe. This was our dinner last night. Tacos!


Loved it! So far there has not be a recipe we've tried that we've not enjoyed. The tacos were paired with pico de gallo {I'll call it salsa}. My dear hubby thought that perhaps it was a little heavy on the onions. We didn't use even all that it called for! Admittedly, we also didn't use cilantro or lime juice. We used parsley and lemon juice- totally different flavors! {I really dislike cilantro smell and taste- personal preference.}

We also had guacamole and sour cream with ours, not called for in the recipe. The kids also put shredded cheese on theirs. That's the good thing with recipes- you can tweak and change them to suit you and your family. 

This afternoon I made empanadas for the kids. Sorry, no photos of those! But they were huge! I used leftover steak from the tacos last night with chicken and turkey, all ground together. I make turnovers {what empanadas are really} all the time but with tuna and sometimes chunks of chicken. Made the way the recipe directed, these were even tastier. 

It seems all this food has way more flavor than I'm used to! I don't know what we're going to do when I go back to my 'usual' cooking! 

Don't forget the week of the 16th {that's next week!} there will be something special on my blog pertaining to all this food I've been sharing! It'll be worth the wait, I promise!

Oh, here's a bit of 'social studies/geography' for you:
Mexico is the most populated Spanish-speaking country in the world. 
It is also one of the top tourist destinations. 
Some of the popular locations include Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and the Ancient Mayan and Aztec Ruins.

Panama is the only country where you can see the sun rise in the Pacific and set in the Atlantic! 
The Panama Canal is located here. 
The culture and cuisine is a mix of Caribbean, Spanish, Indian, Chinese and West Indian countries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats