Verse of the Day {KJV}

Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up...02/04/2011

This was the week we decided to enroll Fox in the online public school using K12 (Wyoming Virtual Academy). Let's see how our week went.

Monday we were snowed in. Well, when I look back on it, perhaps we weren't as bad as so many other places but my car is one that the manufacturer is saying the transmission is going out on at between 50,000 and 100,000 miles (we are at 88,000...), so I didn't want to chance heading out to Co-Op in the weather. Everything was white. I'm sad that we missed co-op; I was looking forward to my students' Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star rewrites...anyway. So nothing really got done on Monday. Bible reading and verses (they read them anyway).

Tuesday was a blur. I had signed Fox up (registered online) with WYVA on Saturday or Sunday and hoped that magically everything would be ready on Monday. Of course it wasn't. Not even close. I'm an impatient person I suppose lol. I did call the toll free number to see if everything at least in place; it wasn't. So I got the rest of the forms filled out, scanned and emailed in. The gentleman also set up Fox's classes and put an order in for his computer. I spent quite a bit of time trying to maneuver around the site but without actually being enrolled it wouldn't let me get far. We went to Scottsbluff for grocery shopping on this day also (that's a chunk of the day!) so not much else got done. Again, Bible reading and verses were done :) Unfortunately, we missed another week of shooting at 4H :(

Wednesday I tried to get us back on track with school (two days of being 'off' makes it a bit difficult). I have also been working a lot on my senior project. It feels like it is taking an immense amount of time and I've not even officially started it yet. Lee got her first book for review from Blogging for Books. I was more excited than she was lol. She chose The Charlatan's Boy. You can watch for her review on her blog :) This week she also started Whatever Happened to Justice? I've started to write up her assignments for this but they are fairly easy so far. I think as the chapters go and get more in-depth I can write more challenging assignments. Fox, although enrolled with WYVA, has still been doing his homeschool work. He wanted to go to a friends during the week and so worked hard to finish his work early and even worked ahead. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to visit his friend this week. 

Thursday was a bit better in terms of school because Fox especially seemed on a mission to complete it. Lee was nonchalant. She did finish The Fallacy Detective but I'm thinking we will go through again. Not sure. Fox tried to do some of his online school but to no avail. It just isn't possible without his school books that are on their way. He does finally have a teacher, Mrs. Spencer. Not much went on Thursday. I made a mixture of laundry soap. At Wal-Mart on Wednesday I found some Meyers laundry soap (eco-friendly) for $5.96. I wanted Seventh Generation but it was $2 more. I brought it home and mixed it with my homemade soap. Uh, it didn't want to mix. It actually seemed to be separating, which was weird. So I reheated my laundry soap in a pan on the stove and mixed the Meyers and mine, and put it back in the soap dispenser and voila! Liquid natural laundry soap- that is extremely cheaper than what I would pay for the same amount of name brand eco-friendly soap. Works for me.

Friday, Fox was done very quickly with the remainder of his school work because he worked so far ahead on his subjects. We've just about finished This Country of Ours (just a few more chapters left). It was supposed to take a few months I believe to finish but I started using The Story of the World early because I felt that he was falling behind. I still wanted to finish TCOO but didn't want to dwell on that one alone. I do wonder how much different his course work will be from what he's been doing. The history for 6th grade is American History before 1865- which we've already covered... Supposedly he can assess out of the courses and move up to the next one. We will see. 

So that was our week: same ol, same ol with a bit of extra tossed in randomly. Nothing terribly exciting and nothing bad at all. Attitudes were fine this week :) That always makes for a good week :)

For school this week:
Bible reading and verse: Lee: Leviticus 7 & 8; Luke 4 & 5; 1 John 4:16-21. Fox: Leviticus 14-16; Luke 11 & 12; Psalms 119:1-8.
Math: Lee: LoF Lesson 13 & 14; TenMarks 2 worksheets (it's not working so well for us lately- I'm thinking she is just getting farther behind in math). Fox: LoF chapter 8 & 9; TenMarks 3-4 worksheets and a test.
Writing/Grammar/Lit.: Lee: Jensen's Lesson 15 & Test 3; VocabAhead 5 words. Fox: TWF Lesson 8 worksheets 1 & 2; VocabAhead 15 words.
History/Geography: Lee: World Studies pages 263-269, 2 SR; TBV pages 216-221; IFC chapters 9 & 10. Fox: SoTW chapter 20; TCOO chapter 89-91.
Science: Both: CKEP Lesson 13 & 14. Fox: Unit Three Wrap Up. This weekend we will watch the remainder of the video they have been watching at Co-Op Astronomy class.
Economics/Logic: Lee: TFD Lessons 35 & 36; WHtJ? Intro and Chapter 1.
PE: Lee: machine 12 minutes
Foreign Language: Both: Latin Unit III Intro, worksheet 1. Lee: Greek reviewing previous lessons and she's up to lesson 24.

Care to see how others have spent their week? Hop over to the Weekly Wrap-Up hosted by Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

2 comments:

  1. Blossom, good luck with the K12 school for Fox. A friend of mine did the same with one of hers in our state. Great news about the eco-friendly soap! I totally stink at that kind of thing, so I really admire others' successes. Try not to get all bogged down about your senior project. As my Dad advised me when I was thinking about grad school and feeling overwhelmed: "Don't think about all the steps you have to take. Just think about the *next* step." Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy week!! I know so well about impatience. And I know so well about those weeks where you're going through a little transition and it kind of throws everything off; I hope things go really well with Fox's new program.

    My daughter is doing the Fallacy Detective too, and like you I think we'll probably go through it again. I haven't been supervising her enough with it and as a result, I'm not sure she's getting it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats