Verse of the Day {KJV}

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Book Review: Beneath the Night Tree

Beneath the Night Tree by Nicole Baart
383 pages
Paperback
Published by Tyndale Fiction

Beneath the Night Tree is a Julia DeSmit book. If you haven't read the other books that Baart has written, you can still pick this one up and read it. The other books would most likely answer some of the questions this book brings up about Julia's life but it's a good stand-alone.

Julia DeSmit is a single mother of essentially two young boys (although one of the boys is really her own younger brother), a college student and a grocery store clerk. She lives with her 'grandmother' Nellie and she has a long distance boyfriend of five years. Her life isn't perfect but she is finally content with the way it is. 

The writing of this book at first caught me off guard. Having not read the other Julia books, or any other written work by Baart, I didn't know what to expect. It almost seems choppy writing at first but it has a way of grabbing hold and making you want to keep reading. I enjoyed the realistic feel of the characters in the story. Julia's life isn't 'normal' or traditional yet it is what many families are nowadays. The emotions that Julia feels throughout the book are easy to relate with. Julia goes through quite a bit from the beginning to the end of Beneath the Night Tree. I won't give anything away but I thought this was a decent read. 

If you are interested in learning more about author Nicole Baart, check out her website.

**Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. See more Disclosure/Policies.**
I Review For The Tyndale Blog Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats