Verse of the Day {KJV}

Friday, January 28, 2011

Time for Accountability and Support :) Fit Mommy Friday, Week 1 (for me)



I decided that I just am not happy with my current physical uh, condition. It's not just that I am not happy that I wear a certain pants size; no, it's the fact that I walk to the post office (which is not very far) and I am out of breath and sweating. I have always wanted to be a runner, wanted to join track in high school but never did. 

I've been seeing Fit Mommy Friday posts for quite awhile (probably about a year now) and have been tempted to join up - but never have. But I am now! My motivation actually has come from my mom's 'diet' journey. The progress she has made has gotten me thinking that I can do something as well. I'm a very busy person but it isn't a busy in the sense that I am gone or on the go a lot. Most of my busy-ness is sedentary.

I am going to go with Level 1:
Level One: The Beginner level. This is for those of you who are brand new to exercise or for those who are not already participating in a consistent fitness program. Your goal should include at least 1 mild form of exercise per day (walking, low impact cardio) as well as one nutritional goal; drinking 8 glasses of water per day, keeping a food journal, eating a small salad with dinner, no chocolate for the week (did I say that?), etc. 
Week 1:
So here are my goals for the past week and the coming week:
Use the elliptical machine for at least 15 minutes on level 2 each day. Drink at least 32 oz of water (that is about 2 full water bottles) per day.


This last week I think I did okay since I started it on Wednesday. I used my elliptical machine each day; 19 and 15 minutes each time. I also have been trying to drink more water. That is a difficult one for me. I dislike water and I am opposed to using drink mixes (because of the nasty stuff in them). Someone suggested green tea to me awhile back and I might try that next week. I drink plenty of coffee but that's counter productive.

I still need to use it today. I will do that after my Spanish class most likely. I don't plan on using it over the weekend but hope to drink more water. 

**edited: I decided to do some walking outside today. It was up in the low 60s today and beautiful! Much better than staring at a wall or reading a school text while straining away on the machine. I walked to the post office after my Spanish class (from home, not the college! whew, that'd be a nice walk!) and took the long route. It took me about 15 minutes total walking. The fresh air was nice.

It felt so good when I was done exercising. The first day it made my legs feel like jello, sort of but it was nice to be doing something. Here's to another good week (or even better)!! If you would like to be a part of the Fit Mommy Friday, link up at Got Chai? 

8 comments:

  1. I like your plan. For the water you can add a little lemon. I make herbal tea and add some to my reverse osmosis water to add some minerals back in. You could try some mint or chamomile tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. I like mint and chamomile...hadn't thought about those! Perhaps with a little lemon? Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Fit Mommy Fridays. Great job. Sounds like good goals. Here's to a great week ahead. I have drinking water troubles too. My goal is 64 oz. a day... 8 8-ounce glasses. I have been getting about 48oz. but not up to 64 yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! You have very good goals, reasonable but with challenge.
    I love water, but I find I drink substantially more if I add a small amount of 100% juice (cranberry, cherry, blueberry, or a combination of those are my favorites). Try just about an ounce or two to 24-32 oz of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl. I'll root you on. If you would have told me last year at this time I would be 40 pounds lighter I would have laughed and rolled my eyes. If I Can do it you can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lorus- thanks so much for the juice/water suggestion! I've tried it this weekend and it helps a lot!

    @ Debbie- we'll get there ;)

    @ Chrissy- Thanks and good job! I've read your other blog a few times and see that you are doing great :) We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Blossom! YOU GO! It's the beginning of the rest of your life just being aware of a needed change~then action jumps in a gets US GOING~wooohooo! Thanks for your encouraging words also...BIG HUGS! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am thinking about it too Blossom! Let me look it over just a bit more before I decide. I could do the Fit Mommy (even though I am not a 'young' mommy anymore and my children have all got children of their own) and include it with my weigh on Fridays that I do... Maybe I will call them "Weigh in & Fit Friday"! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats