What is Ten Marks and why might you want to use this program?
It is "a better way to help students achieve their potential in math, and supplement and enrich their classroom learning." Ten Marks is an online 'tutor'. This program allows your students to learn new math concepts, review previously learned concepts, complete worksheets and tests that show what they have learned as well as have some fun. It was designed for grades 3-12 and fits well with children in public school or those who are homeschooled.
The price per student is as follows:
- $10/month
- $49/6months
- $89/12months
The TenMarks approach to effective math learning is based on 3 simple principles.
- Personalized Learning Makes All the Difference.
- On-Demand Instruction Provides Help When You Need it.
- Practice Builds Confidence and Improves Achievement.
Students can see their progress in different concepts on their homepage.
When they are completing worksheets they can ask for hints or watch videos to help them recall the information.
After finishing so many worksheets successfully Ten Marks lets the student play a game as a reward. This is one of the features that both of my kids liked the most.
If a worksheet comes up that the student doesn't recognize the math concept (such as in the screenshot here Estimating Square Roots) they can click on "Learn" to watch a video on the concept.
Bottomline:
I have two kids who are using this program and one loves it; the other tolerates it. The one who 'loves it' figured out how answer the multiple choice questions based on process of elimination (good skill to have...but not for this!) and would try to just guess at the correct answer. I really do not like multiple choice work. We are using this in conjunction with a math book and it has come in very handy.
Personally, I think it is a good supplementary program. The price is very reasonable. I like that they can review any grade, any math concept. The information is very good- challenging but with the ability to back down if it's too challenging. The videos are okay. The instructors voice is a little different (both of my kids have mentioned that the person talks 'funny'- it's just different). There are some instances where the worksheets have incorrect answers but if that happens, click on the Feedback button that's always on the right of the screen and report it. We have only come across one error.
I would recommend this program to others as a supplement for math. For those who are not too math intensive, I think this could even be used as a core math curriculum. It is a good deal for the price and for the quality.
If you are interested in what other TOS Crew Members had to say about Ten Marks, visit the TOS Crew Blog.
**Disclaimer: I was given the opportunity to try Ten Marks free through the TOS Crew. I received no compensation for the review; all opinions and statements are my own and my family's (unless otherwise stated). A positive review was not required in exchange for the free trial. See more Disclosure/Policies.**








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)