Verse of the Day {KJV}

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review: Pure Natural Blends {Enriched}

logo

I love natural products. Tawanna from Pure Natural Blends graciously offered one of her products for review. 

A little about the Pure Natural Blends company and products before I get to the review:
Tawanna Cullen {a homeschooling mom} started the business in 2010 from a desire to have simple, natural and beneficial products. The products are all natural, and do not contain sulfates, parabens, petroleum, drying alcohols, mineral oils, beeswax, artificial colors, dyes, perfumes, or synthetic preservatives, and are "cruelty free". The products are suitable for all ages and are harmless- they could even be eaten {she doesn't suggest that- neither do I}. Each product is given a positive name to "invoke positive feelings and encourage a positive self image."
I chose the "Enriched" hair and skin oil blend which contains coconut, avocado, argan and olive oils. 
beautiful
Some benefits of this blend (from Pure Natural Blends)
  • Moisturizes
  • Fights Dandruff
  • Strengthens the hair shaft
  • Anti-bacterial
  • Anti-viral
  • Softens
  • Shines
  • Prevents Frizzy flyaway hair
  • Fights Sun damage
  • Repairs
  • Heals
  • Smoothes
  • Stimulates hair growth
  • Stimulates blood circulation
I chose this particular blend although lavender is my absolute favorite scent ever, because at least one person in my family is tired of the smell. I'm giving him a bit of a rest from it; for now. This particular blend is unscented

This is available in three sizes, and they offer complimentary {that means free} shipping to the lower 48 states:
  • 2 oz - $8.50
  • 4 oz - $11.00
  • 8 oz - $15.00
I received the 2 oz bottle and have not even used half. A little goes a long way! I use it as a make-up remover and night time moisturizer. It can be used scalp massages and hot oil treatments but I have fine thin hair that tends to be more oily than dry already. I want to use it as hot oil treatment but haven't yet. 

This is unscented in the sense that there isn't any added scents, and the oils themselves are 'unscented'. But it does have a slight smell, a pleasant smell. Having never heard of argan oil before, I couldn't say if it is from that or just the combination of all the oils. I like the smell. 

Other products from Pure Natural Blends include


My thoughts about Pure Natural Blends:
From the start, my interaction with this company was positive. Tawanna personally talked with me via email. She sent me a tracking number for my package, and it arrived in good condition. 

This oil blend is very light. I have combination skin, with oily forehead and nose but dry cheeks and chin. The rest is whatever it feels like being on any given day. When I used this, I really expected it to feel stifling. It didn't, and my skin really soaked it in. The first few times I used it I felt like I had to use palmfuls! {I didn't.} With each additional time, though, it felt like I needed less. 

As I mentioned, I've only used it as make-up remover and night time moisturizer. I would rub it on my face and then use a warm wash cloth to wipe it off. Whatever didn't come off, I left on during the night. I want to say it didn't clog my pores but I did have a few spots on my chin after using it repeatedly for almost a week. 

The price of these oils is decent. I've made my own oils before and know it can get spendy. Some of the oils that are offered from Pure Natural Blends I've never heard of but researched recently; they can't be cheap! So, relatively, these are a good price for the oils and for good customer service.

I did have a question after I got the oil blend, so I emailed Tawanna. She emailed me back with an answer not long afterward. I'm pleased with the service provided. 

Overall, I would recommend Pure Natural Blends to others looking for natural hair and skin products. Although I cannot vouch for the effectiveness when used on hair, I do like the way it feels on the skin. I am interested in one of the Make Your Own Blends but haven't decided if I want the butter or the oil... Decisions, decisions.

Be sure to check the website for most current prices, as they vary. You can read the FAQs if you have questions or contact Pure Natural Blends via their website. 

Look for Pure Natural Blends on TwitterPinterest and Facebook

***Disclaimer: I received a 2-oz Enriched Oil Blend from Pure Natural Blends for free for the purpose of this review. No compensation was given. All opinions stated are my own. See Disclosure/Policies.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats