Verse of the Day {KJV}

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter, Winter, Go Away...Come Back Another Day

I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. I can just feel it trying to settle in. All day today I've had a hint of a sore throat and my shoulders are achy. Tonight I almost swear I have a fever. Do people get sick more often in the winter? Oh, is that a silly question... I've wondered if it is true because it seems that right when the seasons change people are also coming down with crud.

I know it is cold here (right now it is supposedly -8*F but feels like -23*F with the wind) but we have relatively little snow. I feel for those in the more eastern states, such as Missouri and Illinois, that are dealing with blizzards. I think, yes, I'm pretty sure that now would be a great time to visit Hawaii... definitely! Check out this beautiful view of Oahu. Doesn't that just make you want to pack your bags and go?? 

Compare that lovely view to this one in Missouri (photos are from 2007, I think). Here is another cold photo. Brrr. Granted there is beauty to be seen in winter weather, but oh, to be in Hawaii... wouldn't that be nice for a time?

Of course, I was reading at the Oahu mentioned link and it would appear that the economy in Hawaii wasn't immune to the economy slump. It appears that there was hope that it would recover. In 2009, the Star Bulletin (a Hawaii paper) speculated the economy would slip downward still for awhile. I wonder how long? The same paper is reporting bankruptcy of a major hotel recently. Pacific Business News says that bankruptcy reporting is down so far in 2011... But you know, I just want to visit...I don't want to move there.

In only 47 days until Spring though. I think I can tough it out... perhaps. I've not been 'sick' this winter (fortunately) as others have. No flu here, no strep throat, no head colds, etc. But still...Oahu sure looks beautiful -and warm.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're starting to feel under the weather and a bit of the winter blues has set in. I wish I could send you some of our beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Heather. Perhaps I need vitamin C... of course, warm sunshine might help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better! I would send you some of our sunny CA weather if I could. :) We are enjoying it. But, with the knowledge that it often rains (non-stop) the entire month for February. We'll take the sun while we can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, here in Wyoming I think it is never truly the temp it says because of the wind- it always blows! We have sunshine but not the warmth and I think I would take the rain as long as it didn't turn to ice in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After this winter I want to move somewhere nice and warm. I hope you aren't getting sick and if you are you get over it quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats