Today was a good day...and I started this post a couple hours ago lol. Funny how things just get away from you.
I felt like today was a great day (academically- or at least schoolwise) and wanted to put it down here before I forgot about it.
Using the TOS Planner Weekly Planning 1 sheets (but typing in them this time instead of 'penciling' in assignments), I had the kids' schedules down for the week. I've been doing surprisingly well with scheduling this year (only six weeks in but still..). The first part of the school year (way back in July) was good but around September (?) it seems I just would forget the scheduling and we would do school by the seat of our pants :)
Week #6 of 2011 and we are doing well!
What did they do today?
Both have done Bible reading and verses, and they both made a Self-Portrait. I'd love to show you them but I think they'd murder me in my sleep. No, no...they wouldn't wait for me to sleep to do it :)
Lee is really really liking the Greek we are doing (watch for the review of Hey Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek in April) and does it every day. She also did her Lesson 14 worksheets in Latin. Here is what else she completed: Science, History of English Literature (she did the cutest [yes, I thought it was 'cute'- Fox says I think everything is 'cute'] drawn narration of the chapter! want to show that too...), Life of Fred (Algebra), The Brendan Voyage (Geography), World Studies (History/Geography), Jensen's Grammar, and started Ourselves by Charlotte Mason. The only thing she did not get to today (that was on her schedule) was Vocab Ahead (Spelling?). Oh and she posted her first book review! Fox still doesn't have his school books from WYVA (getting tired of hearing that? me too, I'll not say it again lol) but he was still able to get quite a bit done today, albeit mostly Spanish (1 hour and 25 minutes...). He was in his first Class Connect session with his classmates and teacher (doing PreAlgebra) and then he did quite a bit of the Earth Science. I'm supposed to make sure we have dried beans for an upcoming activity... For History/Geography we did some Story of the World (end of WWI but beginning of Revolution in Russia) and he read in Complete Book of Marvels (Taj Mahal). He tried to do the Language Skills lessons online but alas,
So it felt like a good day with school :) Towards the end of the day Lee was helping Fox make up a Power Point Presentation of his experience with k12 thus far. Oh! I can add that to 'Computer', right?? Lol. While they were doing that (and later) I decided to rearrange... It's an itch you just gotta scratch sometimes! And in this case, it was needed.
Now I should get to bed because Fox has another Class Connect at 8:30 (that's earlier than we are usually doing things- not that he wouldn't already be awake but lol he isn't usually doing schoolwork).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)