Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed: for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10 KJV
I woke up this morning not feeling great but not too bad. I got ready for church, made hubby breakfast and coffee. Then it hit me. A horrid and painful bout of stomach something or other.
That was the beginning of my day.
Missing church 3 times in a row starts to weigh on a persons mind. At least it does mine. I felt guilty for not going this morning. About an hour after church would have started, I was feeling much better. It's a bit like missing school when you're sick and then before the day's done, you're fine.
I turned to my Bible for comfort. I think I've mentioned a book that I am reading, 31 Days of Drawing Near to God, and that is where I found some good verses to help me today. The one that is at the top of this post was probably the best for me today.
The church is not the way to salvation. It is important. The fellowship and the instruction that we receive at church cannot be replaced. But it isn't where God is, where He resides. God is within us.
I know it's silly but I have one less follower today and it made me sad at first. But it is okay. We all have moments in our life when certain things are important...and then they are not, or not as much. I don't really worry that I've said or done something that has caused this person to no longer follow my blog. Although I do blog for others, I blog mostly for myself.
So, although my day may not have started on the best note, it's okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)