Verse of the Day {KJV}

Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up...01/28/2011

Hosted by Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

How has your week gone? Ours has been great! I am looking over the kids' school schedules for the week and I'm impressed :)

Monday was the first day of co-op. It was nice to get back to it. The kids really like that socialization with others (although, honestly, they don't socialize much- we are more like wallflowers lol) and I like them learning things that I hadn't thought of or that I don't/can't teach them. 

Tuesday was pleasant as well. With the small exception of poor attitudes during parts of the day. You can read my blurb on Monday and Tuesday here. Something I had forgotten to write on that post was that Fox and dh worked together on putting together a rocket that Fox had received as a Christmas present. If you know our family, this together time is very very rare and it was so cool! They spent Tuesday (or was it Wednesday??) and Thursday working on it. Fox (and dh) are looking forward to launch!

Wednesday went well as far as I can recall (lol see, I can usually forget the week's happenings before this post!). 
Thursday was good up until about 5pm or so. We were late getting school finished (but Lee had got up very early [yea, that means about 8 am for her] and started on chores and school- without any harassing!!) and the BAs came out. Procrastination does that sometimes. It still has to be done...just it gets done later and often that means in place of something we would rather be doing. So it goes.

Friday (why that's today lol) was good as well. Fox was the go-getter today :) He made me coffee and had done 2 subjects by the time I got upstairs. I slept in today until 9:30 -insomnia problems again. By 11am he was done with the subjects he does independently. Only a few attitude adjustments were needed today. It seems like it was a great week :) Right now they are watching Lilo & Stitch for the Friday Night Movie :)

And on different note (from school- but not life): God is totally and completely awesome. There are so many times in my life that I feel that things are going wrong but when I let it go and give my worries to God, it comes together. Since this is the last of the month, I'm down to the last bit of my pocket change (literally, paid for something with pennies today). I've had to use my powdered milk to make milk and we've had breakfast (pancakes and eggs) for dinner because we're running down to the wire. Sometimes I think that God tests us to show us that we can rely on Him- not ourselves. Today, when I was thinking we would have to have scrambled eggs for dinner (nothing wrong with scrambled eggs!), I received a payment that was over due. I had gone from stressing about money and the food (obviously forgetting what I am supposed to do) to the place of letting God provide and being content that He will. When we do things His way, it all comes together. I was able to buy a few items at the store for dinner tonight and tomorrow! It was just a great feeling that when we give it to Him, He takes care of it. Our worry is for nothing and it comes down to not trusting in Him. Just thought I'd share that bit of praise today:)

The week in review for school:
Bible verse and reading: Lee: 1 John 4:16-21; Leviticus 4-6 & Luke 2 & 3. Fox: Psalms 119:1-8; Leviticus 11-13 & Luke 9 & 10. This week hasn't been great for verses. They will continue with them next week.
Math: Lee: LoFBA Lessons 7-12. Fox: LoFPA2wE Lessons 6, 7 & Bridge (passed with 90%) and TenMarks 3-4 worksheets and 1 test (passed with 80%).
Writing/Grammar/Lit.: Lee: Jensen's Lesson 11-14. Fox: TWF Lesson 7 (he has an acrostic poem due by Tuesday). Lee and I didn't get to HoEL and Fox did not finish his research paper (it's been edited just not finished).
History/Geography: Lee: Constitution class at Co-Op; WS chapter 9 Chapter Review, Chapter 10 pages 258-263 SR, did Timeline also; TBV pages 205-216; IFC chapter 7 & 8. Fox: SoTW chapter 18 & 19; CBoM chapter 13-15; OCU- finished it! Finally! :)
Science/Health: Both: CKEP Lesson 11-12; Astronomy and the Bible class at Co-Op. Lee: F&WM first half of chapter 19. Fox: Physics class at Co-Op.
Economics/Gov't/Logic: Lee: WHtPC? chapter 13 & 14. We decided that she is done with this book- moving onto WHtJ? and I can't wait :) TFD Lesson 33 & 34.
PE/Choir/Band: Both: Choir at Co-Op; Wii Sports and Machine.
Foreign Language: Both: FFL Lesson 13; first half of Lesson 13 test (Units I & II); Lee: Greek Lessons 14-17.
Other Subjects: Both: Free reading each day and Fox did Art on Thursday (his idea of art ;) and Lee did use her tablet to draw but she didn't consider it 'art' (to her if we don't use the curriculum then it isn't countable...or something like that).

Check out others Weekly Wrap-Ups at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers ...and link up!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't amazing to see God's care in your life? Thanks for sharing your praise! It sounds like you had a pretty good week. We had some of the bad attitude stuff going on too, but we are working on it (the kiddos and me!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to know ours is not the only household dealing with a bit of procrastination and poor attitudes! All in all, a great week. I loved reading about your praises, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a very bad case of the BA's around here this week. I'm glad the week is over and look forward to starting a new one. Maybe the attitude will be better.

    Kathi Still trying to figure out science for my 3rd grader.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats