Today while catching up with blogs I follow I came across one that just got my blood boiling (actually I didn't get mad but felt so horrible for her). There was an exchange posted between a prospective company and a prospective reviewer.
Lee was reading over my shoulder and she couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with the exchange. I'm not going to recap the post because it's not mine. But to put it bluntly the person who owns the business that was sending emails was unprofessional and in my opinion rude.
I checked out the website for the product that she was offering to review and clicked the bio of this person. Apparently this man is almost exactly one year younger than I am. Perhaps that has something to do with his behavior and lack of respect for others.
Is it just my generation? It seems that those who are in my age group tend to have a couldn't-care-less attitude about others. It just struck me. Would he talk to people like this in person? What kind of person is he, anyway?
Unfortunately, I do not see this as being something that is exclusive to those in the 25-35 age range (I think that would be 'my' generation...). It's widespread from the littles to the elders. It's sad.
You would think that people would think it through a little bit better. In one of my college distance education classes (where absolutely everything is electronic), my instructor warned us all to write as if the entire world would read it. And it is true, isn't it? Eventually everything we write in an electronic form can reach around the world.
What an affect that could have on this person's business...
*edited to eliminate the appearance that I was picking exclusively on this one individual because that was not my intention. However, it was this particular person/incidence that got me thinking about this in the first place. And I also edited it because this can get around the world ;)
Once a catch-all for our homeschool and everyday family life, now a spot for my meanderings about whatever comes to mind- and always books.
Verse of the Day {KJV}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yikes! How rude! I'm happy I have had only kind rejections. (so far)
ReplyDeleteI think rudeness is epidemic... and you are right, eventually it goes around the world. The old saying such as "it was heard around the world in 24 hrs..." is more like in an hour now... LOL
ReplyDeleteMy mom and I were talking about similar things lately. It seems as if manners and especially kindness are no longer in vogue. I hate it! So sorry for your blogging friend!
ReplyDeleteI see a knee jerk Twitter Text Status Update epidemic. People want to be witty, rude, short. They don't think of who they are texting/twittering/status updating. Sad to see that it falls over to the business. I read this exchange today, and it actually fell in the Cray-Zee stage. Rolls Eyes.
ReplyDeleteI need to teach the boys to send letters more. I made a list yesterday of relatives we need to communicate with. This gives me more motivation to get salutations, paragraphs, and closings on paper. :)