Verse of the Day {KJV}

Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up & What We’ve Accomplished Today…09/03/10

What a week. Not sure why but we were out of sorts.

Monday- oh that's right, we got electronics. Okay, I'll let the cat out of the bag. I got a netbook for the kids. I want to get two but the funds were there for only one. Another one, another time. You can also read about our newest eReader, the Cybook Opus (now they don't need to use my wonderful Kindle!) So besides uploading software, updating software and learning the quirks of Microsoft 2010 (really not entirely sure I like it), the kids read A LOT.

Tuesday- I said "okay we are not having another day like yesterday...let's get busy". Well, that's not really how it happened :) They took the initiative themselves and everything got done. They also wanted to fiddle with the netbook other than for school. Thanks to FiveJs we downloaded Page Plus for free from Amazon.

Wednesday- Hmm we did a good days worth but if not for the fact that I typed it up, I wouldn't remember it at all! We lead such an exciting life... ;)

Thursday- Shopping just ruins my day. That's all I have to say about that...

Friday! Today! I had to go shopping again :( I forgot so many things when we went yesterday- told you we are out of sorts. Also I spaced bringing dh list for things he needed yesterday. The kids stayed home while I did the 3 hour trip to the store. It was nice to have some 'me' time. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing but it was alright anyway :)
What We Accomplished Today... for school
The kids did most of their subjects today:
Both:
Exodus 11 & their verses; Latin workbook sections III-V; Math (Lee chapter 3 in BA; Fox chapter 29 & 30 in D&P)
Lee: World Studies pages 64-69: vocab list, Section Review #1-4; Reading Prince Caspian; Japanese lesson 2 in Conversational Japanese pages 7-10
Fox: Complete Book of Marvels chapter 24 and a notebook page; The Greatest Story Ever Told chapter 21; Military History reading.
While I was gone they each had a list of 'chores' to do and they were to have them done by the time I got back. Fox did his and with plenty of time to spare. Lee did not get her chores done. :( wasn't very happy with that...

When I got home we put groceries away and starting making bread, granola and tortillas. I got home about 12ish this afternoon and the bread just now has 10 minutes left to cook. It's 9:38 in my neck of the woods! But we now have two oatmeal containers full of yummy granola, 14 yummy tortillas and working on 4 loaves of yummy bread. Wow, makes me wonder how the women from long ago did it all. Oh and I made dinner in there somewhere :) Fox helped quite a bit with the ingredients for the bread making and Lee helped with the granola and tortillas.

It's been a long day but good. The best part: My dh came home from being out of the state for a week. Highlight of my day!

2 comments:

  1. Shopping can ruin a perfectly good week!! And yet I refuse to go on the weekends because the crowds make me irritated. LOL

    We went twice too this week. And I have to go back today because we're out of wipes. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send my dh shopping. Unfortunately, I was too scattered this week to make a coherent grocery list, so we're still missing some things. Nonetheless, I'm glad he goes to the store most of the time instead of me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats