Verse of the Day {KJV}

Monday, May 17, 2010

Final Stretch- Kids Last Week of School!!

photo courtesy of PrawfsBlawg
Since we feel the need (okay, hubby and I) to have 'tests' to gauge the kids' retention and learning I made up 'finals' for the kids for this week.

I had said* that I was going to have them write short papers on the books that they have been using for school (minus math, science and language arts) but I decided that would take way too long and require too much writing. It may turn out that it is still a better idea than what I actually ended up doing but oh well, there'll be next time :)

I think that picture there is just hilarious!
I typed up their 'finals' and have mixed feelings about how I did. At the end I also printed 3 pages from a Spectrum Test Practice books for Math for each according to their grade. Those will most likely be the easiest part of the final! Who doesn't like when the answer is already given to you, you just have to choose it?

Lee's Final without answers
Fox's Final without answers

I'm not sure I will post their answers...will see... :)


*From WWAT 05/11/10
I have decided that the last week of school will be finals week. We will not have tests per se, but they are going to write papers for each book that they have been going through (excludes math, science, language arts LIFEPACS and LoF). Their papers will have to be in chronological order of things that have happened in their readings. They will be allowed to scan the books again for small details that they may not recall but most must be of what they do recall. Also, for geography they will need to locate on the globe the places that have been discussed and/or be able to label a map that I find to print out. I'm not sure yet on that last part.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats