Verse of the Day {KJV}

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What We’ve Accomplished Today…05/11/10

Wow, the whole 'end of the school year' thing is getting to us.
We took lunch at our local Subway today and did some school there. Lee wrote notes for her next paper (final one for the 'year') and Fox did 'art' (he colored some neat pictures of some different kinds of planes).

They did today:
Fox: Math LIFEPAC, page 5 (division problems); Science LIFEPAC, started Unit test; ALW, 5 pages; copywork (paragraph out of Age of Fable); decided his final paper will be on Hermes.

Lee: Math LoF, 2 chapters; TFD; WHtPC; Science LIFEPAC, finished Unit test; began typing paper on Athena; copywork (page 20, Idylls of the King, lines 1-4); DN; computers (worked on her blog- some html stuff!).

I can't say that is exactly what we did today because nothing was written down at the time and I'm forgetful and tired right now. Perhaps tomorrow we will keep better track :)

I have decided that the last week of school will be finals week. We will not have tests per se, but they are going to write papers for each book that they have been going through (excludes math, science, language arts LIFEPACS and LoF). Their papers will have to be in chronological order of things that have happened in their readings. They will be allowed to scan the books again for small details that they may not recall but most must be of what they do recall. Also, for geography they will need to locate on the globe the places that have been discussed and/or be able to label a map that I find to print out. I'm not sure yet on that last part.

I'm looking forward to the year being over actually. I am tired :/ Not of school, not of them, not of learning, just of having to do it. With summer coming we can do as much as we want or as little. Granted we will be taking ALL of June off and I don't/won't require any school work but I am pretty sure that they will read anyway ;) So, gee, even if I didn't want them to, they will be learning! :)

Little side note: I am burnt out in my school too. I will be taking summer off even though I had intended on taking two classes. I just don't think I can focus. Will be back at it in the fall. This term gets over June 6th or so...I'm so looking forward to it!!

1 comment:

  1. You will probably so refreshed from the break. Hope so! I hear you on the tired of doing it "part".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats