Verse of the Day {KJV}

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Life of Fred Math and First Form Latin

I have been thinking about math...for the kids...lately. Fox hates math (not doing math, because he is good at it, but the workbooks that we have been using) and it turns into such an ordeal to make him do it. Lee isn't having a problem with doing it although she does agree with him that the workbooks are, ahem, retarded. I have heard a lot of good things about Life of Fred books. Today I ventured to the site to check them out...again. You can find out about LoF books at Polka Dot Publishing and can purchase them from Z-Twist Books. I decided to order two of the books (Decimals & Percents and PreAlgebra 1 with Biology). There are no shipping charges unless you want your books faster than the free shipping will get it to you. I am excited to get them.

I also was looking at Latin for them. We are working on Spanish (German & Japanese on the side a bit also but not too strenuously) for this year and will continue with it because I personally feel it is very important. We wanted to do French but honestly, I just do not see that happening. They would need to take an outside class for that! I have tried to learn French myself and I found it very difficult. However, being that Latin is the root of our language- and others- I felt it would be good to pursue that course. I hadn't bookmarked any of the great sites that others have recommended that they have used...and now I wish I had. I went on a search for forums and such that had posted recommendations and came across Prima Latina from Memoria Press. I have heard many good things about this particular course/publisher so I did some comparing. My dc are both going to be in middle school next year (oh my! where has the time gone!) and I felt that starting at the very lowest level may not be the best. I want them to be challenged but at the same time not too much. I checked Latina Christiana but decided to go with First Form instead because it specifies that it is for grades 5 and up.

So that has been my day. I was pouring over these things for hours, trying to decide. I also have saved Ray's Arithmetic books (can find these in the links page, under Math) that I would like to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love them! Have a great day! ~Blossom
PS: all comments are moderated so you won't see it posted immediately :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

social network stuff

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Page Rank
View My Stats